Senior QA engineer
Roles and responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced test developer who can lead the development, support, and strategic application of our automated testing systems. Testing our tutoring system is complex and involves challenges like testing multiple asynchronous processes and systems that work together in real time. You will work closely with the development team on joint testing solutions, in addition to developing automated tests with custom and industry frameworks to produce unit, functional, stress, and performance tests. A key component of this role is to strategically plan tools and development to take our products to the next level of quality and reliability. The Senior QA Engineer will mentor other QA team members in test and tools development to create future leaders within the team.
Success in this role requires a diverse range of experiences and skills. We are looking for a test engineer who is smart, motivated to solve problems, and an excellent communicator and leader.
- Extensive experience developing automated testing systems
- Strong Java coding skills, with a solid understanding of core Java libraries
- Solid scripting skills
- Systems administration skills with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS systems
- Experience with distributed software using RMI
- Experience working with government agencies
- Experience as an instructor, teaching assistant, or subject matter mentor
- Experience testing diverse media (text, interactive, VNC, widgets)
- Experience with test tools such as JUnit
- Experience with Real Time and/or asynchronous software